Saturday, July 5, 2008

From One Booming Metropolis to Another...

We spent the 4th of July with Brad's family in Mustang, OK. We had a great visit, and Anna Claire enjoyed the fireworks! Now, Anna Claire and I are in Pampa, TX, visiting my parents. I can't wait to post more pictures of this place. Good times. For those of you who are interested, I'll also post a picture tour of my parents' apartment (or "cave" as my mom calls it!) tomorrow. Disclaimer: Ridiculous amount of photos ahead. Anna Claire tried her first Braum's cherry limeade - the best in the world! When we arrived at Aunt Robyn's house, she and Grandpa McKenzie had a sack of Dora the Explorere surprises waiting for Anna Claire! Here she is enjoying some sidewalk chalk with Aunt Robyn. And for Anna Claire - no trip is complete until she finds a cabinet or drawer to climb in. Anna Claire received a Dora the Explorer backpack that is a little big for her, but that didn't stop her from attempting to model it. Anna Claire is quite the fashion diva in this picture: We're picking up a new stroller in Amarillo, so when we had to go to the mall in Oklahoma City, we rented one of those strollers that I said I would never rent (never say never), and Anna Claire loved "driving" through the mall. The best was the sign on the back of the stroller that read "Do not put child in bag"....Seriously? No trip to OKC/Mustang is complete without a quick lunch at CityBites! Yummy. Anna Claire had an M&M cookie with her meal, but she only picked out the M&M's and left the cookie. Aunt Robyn had an inflatable pool waiting at her house for Anna Claire. It is much larger than the little rainbow pool at our house, but Anna Claire didn't seemed phased. She jumped right in like a little fish. On the 4th, we went downtown to watch the fireworks! We had a great view of the fireworks, and we were a good distance from them, so Anna Claire didn't seem phased by the loud noises. She was very fascinated by all the people. She saw a horse-drawn carriage, and she kept asking where it went, so Grandpa McKenzie took her to look for the horses. Oh, and a trip to OKC is also not complete without eating at Ted's (a local Mexican restaurant). Anna Claire liked having her own bowl of queso! The first time I went to Mustang when Brad and I were dating, I got such a laugh out of the sign that welcomes you to Mustang...The sign claims that the city is one with vision, and for some reason - it just cracked me up! Well, I had my parents stop today on our way out of town to take our picture next to the city sign. When we arrived at my parents' house, they had an Anna Claire space set up with more Dora toys, books, and other fun things! The little orange chair belonged to my mom when she was little, and then Elizabeth and I played with the chair when we were lttle. My mom also had out this little jalopy that we played with as kids, and Anna Claire loved pulling it throughout the house. And, we hadn't even been here an hour, and Anna Claire wanted to go "ouside", so off we went on a rock hunt! She was thrilled to show off her rock collection to Mama and Papa Bear when she got back! If you are still with me...I'm impressed! I told you there would be a ton of pictures! So, I will leave you with a funny video. Yesterday, we were watching the hot dog eating contest held at Nathan's in New York, and the guy that won was the one we were cheering on, so Brad was excited to see him win. Anna Claire quickly caught on and started jumping around and cheering.....here you go:

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I LOVE AC's little swimsuit - I think that is the cutest suit that I have ever seen! That video is hysterical, too. Looks like she is a little ball of energy. Wonder where she got that?!?!

Brad and Emily said...

My sister-in-law found that at Old Navy! I thought it was pretty cute myself! Yes, she has just a little energy....you should see her when she and my mom get together! Oh my!