Thursday, May 7, 2009

Keep All Hands and Feet Inside the Stroller

Tonight, Kerstin, Anna Claire, and I went to the mall to do a little shopping and eat dinner. We were casually walking along with AC in her stroller, when I came across Brookstone. In the front of their store, they were showcasing these super cute flip-flop slippers made of the same material as the nap blanket. My nap blanket and I have a special relationship, so I was immediately drawn to the slippers. But who am I kidding? Regardless of my love for the nap blanket and its softness, I am not a house slippers wearing kind of gal. We stood there for a moment, making small talk with the sales associate and then we parted ways. We got about 4 stores dowm from Brookstone, when Anna Claire stuck her arm out the side of her stroller (let me tell you that she likes to have the sun shade pulled on her stroller, so I can't see her at this point...do you get the picture), and there, draped on her arm was a NAP BLANKET! WHAT? My little thief! I turned the stroller around so quickly that I'm pretty sure I left skid marks and went straight back to Brookstone, the scene of the crime! I practically tripped over the stroller trying to get the blanket back into the hands of the innocent sales associate, who just smiled and said, "Oh, thank you. You're too sweet!".....Really? Not exactly the words going through my mind. I looked down and Anna Claire had a grin the size of Texas across her face! She knew she had been the reason behind Mom's heart failure, and she found great humor in it!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

HA! I can totally picture your reaction. That little stinker! Good thing she's so darn cute...

Sally Anderson said...

Our little Amara did this when she was about 18 mos old. Took something from the hardware store. Her dad just about died. We made many jokes about her being so precocious that she even brcame a juvenile delinquent at early age.