Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Proud to be an American...

A couple of weeks ago (ok, maybe it was last week - I can't remember), patriotism was the theme of the week at Anna Claire's preschool. Since then, she is repeatedly saying the pledge, singing some song about "red, white, and blue" at the top of her lungs, and waiving her American flag with pride. Let me just stop right here and state the obvious. Papa Bear (aka - my dad, George, Mr. Boy Scout) will be glowing at the end of this post because if there is one thing he always taught his girls - it was a respect for the American flag. I digress.
Tonight, when Brad went to check on Anna Claire, he quickly came out of her room and said, "Emily, grab your camera and come here!" This is what we saw:
That's right, AC is sound asleep, yet holding on to her American flag. And do you see the black and red scarf she is laying on? That was a Christmas gift from one of my aunts to me, but AC has taken a strong liking to it. Silly girl. She sleeps with it, plays dress up (She can go from being Mary (as in Mary & Joseph) to Batman in one swoop of the scarf), and wraps her baby dolls in it. I'm sure you will see it in more pictures in the future. It's going to be around for a while, I have a feeling. Sidenote: She's wearing it in the above video among other purses and necklaces. We're going through a Fancy Nancy meets Bag Lady together at Mardi Gras phase. Classy.

2 comments:

Ralph and Marilyn said...

Glad your camera was at hand! That is a priceless picture, as is the video! Love it, love it, love it!

Lindsay said...

Cutest video ever! She is getting so big and adorable! I love the way she says "Republic", it is killing me to not have her and Houie hanging out every day.