Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Playground Dating

Because I don't want to forget the conversation I had with AC in the car on the way home from school today.....

AC: "Mom, today I was on the playground and a boy in Ms. Jill's class (the 4 year olds) came over to me at the swing and said, "Do you want me to be your boyfriend?"

Me: (trying not to laugh, but at the same time focus on the road): "What did you say?"

AC: "I said, 'Yes, do you want me to be your girlfriend?' "

Mercy. She's three. Her daddy is shipping her off to a boarding school tomorrow.

*********
And one more for the record -
AC ran and jumped into her chair the other night, and we watched in slow motion as her head just barely skimmed by the coffee table. I said, "Anna Claire, your head almost met that table!" And she said, "Met the table? You mean like, 'Nice to meet you, table'?" Silly girl.

*********
Well, she's on a roll. Today, a dear friend from church brought AC a Buzz Lightyear water gun from the dollar store. AC looked at it and said, "Oh, I wanted one of these for Christmas, but I didn't get it! This is so great!" Really? As if she went without at Christmas. So, family, this year - all gifts for AC must come from the dollar store.

*********
I'll update later with pictures. We're off to review the rules of dating....or something like that.

1 comment:

Sally Anderson said...

This girl has more personality than 10 kids put together. I love hearing/reading about her and watching her grow!