Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Back in 2010......

Let's play catch-up:
Mid-November, we had Round-up Sunday at church. Everyone dresses western and it's a time to 'round up' friends and family who don't regularly attend church - an outreach event of sorts. AC's dress has pink horses and blue horseshoes on it (in case you can't them).



And then there was Thanksgiving. We stayed home this year and kept a low profile. We were to get some things done around the house and just enjoy the time together. We invited another family over for Thanksgiving lunch. Afterwards, we all went to see the movie, Tangled. I may or may not have gone with a friend to Target at midnight to wait in line until 4am when they opened. :) I know you can get some of the deals online, but it's all about the experience. 
Here's AC singing a Thanksgiving song:




The same crazy friend who went shopping with me on Black Friday bought me a pattern to sew Anna Claire a dress. Brad was kind enough to buy me a sewing machine last Christmas, and to be honest, it has done a great job at collecting dust this year. So, we got together and sewed these little outfits for our girls. AC's ended up being more of a 'swing top' as I took too much material off the bottom for it to be a dress. She didn't care. Here's a glimpse of it when she wore it to the Hanging of the Greens service at her school.
 This year, Anna Claire is taking tap and ballet at school. A local dance studio comes to her school once a week for lessons. This past Saturday, her little dance class was able to go to the actual studio and show off their moves for the parents. The instructor had a helper there who Anna Claire quickly bonded with because this little girl's name is also Anna Claire.
Here they are waiting for the other girls to arrive. Anna Claire was cracking me up sitting like this - and so serious.  









 

2 comments:

Sally Anderson said...

Glad you're back! I check on you frequently. Love the little ballet dancer! So adorable. Have fun w/ the sewing. My daughter got a machine for her b'day this year. Hope she uses it.
Hugs,
Sally

Brad and Emily said...

Hey Sally-
Hope 2011 is off to a great start for you and Kent!
A while back, I posted about a t-shirt that AC received where she could color it, I could wash it, and she could color it again. If I remember correctly, you had asked me about where to find such a shirt as you wanted to purchase one for your granddaughter. Am I right? Well, I was at a craft fair recently and came across a booth selling this kind of shirt, so I picked up a card for you. The website is www.myspecialtshirt.com
It looks like the t-shirt and markers are sold as a set for $15.
Hope this helps-
Blessings,
Emily