Thursday, July 14, 2011

Up, Up, and Away....

I wrote this post on Wednesday, June 29th, but the pictures wouldn't load so I figured I would finish it the next day. That night, however, Brad fell from the attic ladder at church resulting in a trip to the ER and 11 staples in his head. Lovely. Clearly, the blog was the furthest thing from my mind!
All that to say, pretend it's June 29th when you read this post.
****
Last weekend, I needed to be in Dallas for a wedding and a wedding shower. My parents were generous enough to buy plane tickets for AC and I to fly there on Saturday morning (VBS didn't end until Friday night). This was AC's first time on an airplane, and because I am her mother and this is our blog - I can brag.....she was the BEST little traveler! I'm not gonna lie - I was a tad bit nervous about the flight. This child of ours does not sit still. You would think there were ants in her chair at dinner the way she hops around all over the place. The thought of keeping her buckled into a seat for an hour and 20 minutes caused me to sweat a little. Alas, she pulled through for me! Sat in that window-seat, buckled in for the entire flight, never asking to get up/stretch her legs/go to the bathroom. Fabulous. Mary Poppins loaned me her bag before the flight, so I was stocked with plenty of activities.


 AC took the next picture w/ an app on my phone from her window on the airplane! Pretty impressive, if I do say so myself!

It didn't take long for Anna Claire to get to her Aunt Sissy's house and start playing dress up with all her shoes and accessories!
 On Sunday morning, we were able to meet up with my aunt and uncle, cousin and his girlfriend for breakfast!
 And AC snapped another good picture with my phone! Sweet Baby Kyle....Anna Claire gets quite a laugh calling him Baby Kyle! :)
For the wedding shower on Sunday - AC thought she was a big shot b/c she was able to be there! Silly girl!
 Anna Claire and Ma-Maw all ready for the guests to arrive!
 At some point in the weekend - this happened:
We ordered a little snack at Sonic and they brought it out on the tray that can sit on your window. AC was beyond impressed, so Aunt Sissy let her sit in her lap while they ate. Well, at one point, AC got a wild hair to roll down the window....and the tray fell off. No major casualties - except a fried cheese stick :)

No trip to Dallas is complete without a trip to Costco - love that place! Wish we had one here. I'd take it any day over Sam's. Anyway, AC found some treasures there, including these pj's. That night, she insisted on wearing all 3 pieces, which meant shorts over the pants. Classy is her middle name.
 We also found this gem at Costco for my dad, Papa Bear. It was a steal of price, and it just jumped in our cart! Amazing.
We also managed to try the new In-N-Out Burger in Dallas. Crazy crowds, but so worth it! Delicious.
 Based on the picture below, it is safe to say we had a whilwind trip with all kinds of fun! AC slept most of the plane ride home - no complaints here! :) 


No comments: