Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Today has been a super special day! Anna Claire melts my heart daily, and today was no exception! She and her daddy made this a wonderful day! This morning, at the end of the service, Brad had the kids come in and deliever flowers to all the moms. When Anna Claire brought me a flower, I cried. Brad has been working extra hard to get her to say "I love you" and right now, we get "I O"...which works. We know what she's saying and that's all that matters. Being a mother to her is a pure joy! I am blessed beyond measure to call her my daughter. I've had incredible Godly role models in my own mother and grandmothers that I am able to look up to and long to emulate. I also had the opportunity to hang out with my mom while at Elizabeth's graduation. She's the most fabulous mom and an even more fabulous grandmother!
I'll leave you with a fun picture of my mom! We were in the hotel room, and Elizabeth was stressing about walking across the stage at graduation. She wanted everything to be perfect, so Mom decided she would show Elizabeth how to receive her diploma gracefully while smiling and posing for the camera.....here's what her idea looked like. Fortunately, Elizabeth didn't take her advice and walked across the stage with ease. Mom, I love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

EMILY,WHAT A BEAUTIFUL TRIBUTE! WAY TO GO BRAD I LIKE THE FLOWER TOUCH ON SUNDAY! GIVE ANNA CLAIRE A BIG HUG FOR ME.
UNCLE, JIM

Brooke'Lain said...

awwww... that's so precious! I, for one, think you are an excellent mom just like those you have had as models. :)
heehee your mom is so cute!!!!! look at that fun picture... ha!