Friday, September 19, 2008

The Big Switch...

We have officially spent 2 nights in our new home, and all is well! We were determined to stay there Wednesday night, so before heading to church, we filled our van with one last load. When we were taking apart Anna Claire's crib to move it, we made the executive decision to set it back up in her new room as a toddler bed. The first night, she fell asleep in the car, so we put her in bed already asleep and she didn't know the difference (until the next morning when she awoke and was thrilled at the idea of being able to get out of bed all by herself)! Night 1: Last night was a different story. I had her all ready for bed, and she willingly climbed up into her "big girl bed". I turned out the light, closed the door, and walked out. She was quiet for a few minutes until she started knocking on the door and calling out my name. She then started sliding her pacifiers under the door and into the hallway. I let this go for a few minutes, and then I picked up the pacifiers, went in her room, and we had a little chat. I told her that she needed to lay down and sleep and I would come back in a few minutes to check on her. 20 minutes passed, and her room was quiet...maybe a little too quiet. I slowly opened the door, and she was not in her bed. I looked over and this is what I saw..... ...our little darling sound asleep in her chair. Melt my heart. I picked her up and placed her in her bed.
Here are a couple of random videos from the past two days. Anna Claire has started singing songs. She makes them up, but when you ask her to sing, she is always ready for a song! Yes, she is her father's child!*grin* (You will need to pause the music on the blog to hear her singing. You can do this by going to the left sidebar of the blog and pressing the "pause" button on the music.)

Also, Anna Claire's new favorite 'treat' is a mint. Last night, she hit the jackpot when I came out of Target with two bags of mints (and yes, Gigi, they are sugar free)! She even did a little song and dance for the mints.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

GOOD NIGHT NURSE. That picture on the chair is the CUTEST thing I have ever seen in my life. And the most unbelievable. I know you set that up. Kids are not that cute. or good. I'm putting a tent up if Houie ever decides she can climb out of her bed. You just wait.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post! AC is the cutest kid ever!