Monday, September 15, 2008

Let's Climb a Tree, Clean a Nursery, and Rock

While working over at the new house, Brad decided to show Anna Claire how to climb the huge live oak in our backyard. Of course, there's a ladder, and he helped her climb to the top of the ladder which was a big deal to her; Brad, on the other hand, kept climbing.

Yesterday, I was in the church nursery for a little while, and I caught two funny pictures. The first one shows Anna Claire and her friend, Brennan, enjoying their favorite activity in the nursery...cleaning! They each ask for a baby wipe and go to town, cleaning all the toys in the nursery. It's rather hilarious and entertains them for no less that 30 minutes.

When it was time to pick up the toys, I glanced around and couldn't find Anna Claire, until I heard her said, "Hi Mommy!" She had climbed in one of the toy tubs and was just chillin'.
And no Sunday is complete without a little dinner at Cracker Barrel and some time to rock on their front porch.
PS - We're are currently living in both houses....lovely. Most of our things are already at the new house, but we are sleeping at the old house while we get the last few things together to move. Brad and I are sleeping on air mattresses in the living room, and this makes me laugh! Here's a picture of our sleeping arrangements for a couple of days. I'm not sure why I feel the need to post this, but maybe I want you to see the craziness that is our life right now (notice the lamp and phone on a chair, the curtains tied up so that I could clean the floor, etc.). Just keepin' it real.

1 comment:

Hannah Family said...

Careful in that tree, Dude. I found out the hard way last year that in our advanced ages, we don't bounce back as fast as we used to.