Monday, October 27, 2008

Look Whoooo's Turning TWO!

This blog title is dedicated to Gigi, who made fun of me for ordering birthday invitations (cute ones, I may add!) that had a trendy little owl on them! I love you, Mom!)
This past weekend was a crazy one to say the least! On Friday night, Aunt Sissy (my sister, Elizabeth) flew in to spend the weekend with us! She had no idea what she was getting herself into by coming in town! I immediately put her to work personalizing all the pumpkins that would serve as a craft project/party favor for each kid on Saturday night at AC's birthday party!
The pumpkins were added to the Fall scenery on the back porch! Way to go, Aunt Sissy, for tapping in to your inner Martha Stewart. I'm so proud.
Now, in theory, this little "Fall spread" would have been the perfect backdrop for some pictures of our little birthday darling, but she was more concerned about everything else going on and really didn't have time for a picture. This is the best I could get. (Please notice the shoes. They are cute, but AC didn't really care to keep them on. This is the last time you will see them in this post.)
Our friends are graciously letting us borrow their playhouse, and I'm pretty sure if we would let AC sleep out there, she would go willingly.
We had about 16 kids and their families - fun times for all! Our new backyard is wonderful for entertaining (one of the selling points of the house) and the weather was perfect! We fixed stacked tacos (an Etier specialty), decorated pumpkins with paint pens (hence the white t-shirts on all the kids), ate yummy cake, and opened packages. Everyone was tuckered out by the end of the evening.





Then, last night we hosted our church's youth group at our home for their monthly afterglow. We carved pumpkins and made caramel apples with all kinds of toppings. My camera was in the car for this event, so I used my sister's camera. About half way through the evening, she informs me that it will be a while before I get those pictures because she has temporarily misplaced the cord that connects her camera to her computer....stay tuned.

No comments: