Monday, December 8, 2008

Blue Bell in Heaven

I'm pretty sure Blue Bell is being served in Heaven this evening as my granddad, Pa (Maurice), peacefully passed away this morning. Pa often said that Blue Bell would be the choice of dessert in Heaven!
Pa was a wonderful granddad and we were blessed to be able to call him Pa. You never saw him without a smile on his face, and he was always willing to lend a helping hand. He was quite the handy man - always able to create beautiful wood work and fix just about anything. Pa loved his desserts, and as grandkids, we really liked this quality! Dinner was not complete without a little scoop of ice cream or some other sweet treat!
So many memories flood my mind tonight as I remember my special granddad....too many to type. He was a wonderful man of God who treasured his family and friends. While he will be truly missed by all of us, we know he is no longer in pain and he has gone Home.

4 comments:

Chris and Amanda said...

You're grandfather was a very special man who loved a lot of people. He will be missed but thankfully we'll see him again.

Steve and Tammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steve and Tammy said...

Emily,

We're sorry to hear about your Grandpa. Its tough to lose a loved one. Even harder to lose a loved one around the holidays. I lost my Grandma Dec. 13th 2004 and not a day goes by that I don't miss her. Just remember you will see him again. We are praying for you guys.

Sarah said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Pa has passed away! I have fond memories of playing golf with him and visiting he and Memaw. You were exactly right - he ALWAYS has a smile on his face. I can just picture that big 'ole smile as he shares a bowl of Blue Bell with the Lord. I'm sorry for your loss. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do.