Wednesday, December 24, 2008

'Twas the Night Before Christmas....

Before our Christmas Eve service at the church....
At home:
At church:
And here is one of those "keepin' it real" pictures in which Anna Claire is refusing to cooperate. Love it.
When we are at church, Anna Claire loves nothing more than to be on the platform singing! Yes, she is her father's child!
During the service, I was in the nursery. Anna Claire took it upon herself to "read" a book to her friend, Hannah, who sat patiently while Anna Claire told her a story.
When we got home, I explained to Anna Claire that we needed to leave cookies and milk for Santa. Anna Claire told me that Santa wanted some peanuts and chocolate too! And you can't forget a candy cane! Then, before she went to bed, she took a bit of the cookie and ate one of the Hershey Kisses...quality control, I guess. (Sidenote: Anna Claire left 2 of her pacifiers for the reindeer (seen next to Santa's plate). We were hoping she would leave all 4, but she was only willing to give up 2).
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

2 comments:

Chris and Amanda said...

I have a pacifier idea - granted I have obviously not used it myself. A friend of mine has done it with all three of hers at age 3. She takes them to build-a-bear and they stuff them inside a new stuffed animal. That way they can keep them but not use them. I am always making notes of little ideas like this for the future :)

Sally Anderson said...

Quality control -- what a hoot. Laughing out loud here. Happy New Year to you all.