Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Keeps Us Laughing....

Here are just a few statements Anna Claire has made over the past several days that keep us smiling:

1. Last Friday night, we went out to dinner, just the three of us. We were waiting for our food, when Anna Claire rested her head on her hand and let out a deep sigh. Brad said, "Sweetheart, are you ok?" She looked at him and with in all seriousness said, "I've had a rough day." Silly girl. (Sidenote: the schools were closed on Friday because of 'cold weather'..no snow. no ice. just cold. She had been home all day with me, playing. Not sure how that was rough...ha!)

2. Yesterday, Anna Claire came home wired from school! I don't know if they nibbled on sugar packets for their afternoon snack, but regardless, she was hyper. At one point in the evening, she was running circles around the living room and Brad asked, "Anna Claire, what are you doing?" She put her hands in the air and exclaimed, "I've got so much energy, I'm freaking out!" We both started laughing and asked, "Where did you hear that?" She looked at us and said, "At high school!"...Well of course.

3. When you ask Anna Claire how old she is, she will respond with "I'm 3, my dad is 33, and my mom is 31." Cute...but not for too many more years ;)

4. For the last month, Anna Claire daily requests having a Hannah Montanna birthday party for her 4th birthday (mind you, it's not until October. Before Christmas, she came to me and said, "Mom, do you think you could buy Hannah Montanna cups and napkins for my birthday party?" I told her I'm sure we could do that and she said, "Perfect! This will be the best birthday!"

2 comments:

JIM said...

She has me is stiches! I wish we could see her (you guys too) more often! Love You GUYS!

Brooke'Lain said...

that is HILARIOUS!!! what a fun kiddo!!!!!!! and SO cute!!! miss you. :)