Wednesday, July 11, 2007

1946 Kentwood Lane



And so it is, the place my family called home for 27 years now belongs to a new family. I must admit, the selling of my parents' home saddened me more than I expected. We all know it's not the physical walls of a house that make it a home, but this house holds so many wonderful memories. This is the place where my dad and I walked out the front door to a Dallas Cowboys game, only to be called back in by my very pregnant mom letting us know it was time to go to the hospital and Elizabeth was born! It's the kitchen where 900,000 cupcakes and brownies were made for any and all occasions! It was the pool where my dad and I had a few "pool talks" regarding behavior, and that same pool where I decided that Baby Stickups (my favorite cloth doll) needed to learn how to swim! It's the mailbox where my acceptance letter to A&M arrived! It's where we woke up every Christmas morning for so many years! I could go on, but I'll stop there. To the new owners of this house, make us proud and take good care of this place we called home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post, and so well written! I remember feeling the same way when my mom sold our house a couple of years ago. The memories will be in your heart forever. ---Brandee