Monday, July 16, 2007

Another Broken Egg, A Gecko, and A 3-year waiting list...

This morning, our dear friends Jim and Pinky stopped by as they were passing through Baton Rouge! This is the lovely couple who kept Anna Claire this past spring in Houston! We went to a delicious place for brunch called Another Broken Egg - love the name, and I really love their food! I don't even like eggs, but they have a wide variety of breakfast treats! If you come visit, we'll take you there.
This afternoon, I was calling child care facilities like a mad woman! It's July 16th, and I have to find a place for Anna Claire to go when I go back to school in early August. Yes, I know, not much time! I've been looking for a while and most places are booked, and some will gladly put your name on a waiting list for $100...lovely. I called one place (which shall remain nameless), and they said they were booked for the fall (no shock there), but they would gladly put my name on their waiting list for no cost. Great! They asked how old my child is, and I responded with 8 1/2 months. Then, this kind lady informed me that the waiting list for that age group is 3 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me??? Apparently, they have on their waiting list Baby McKenzie, Baby Insert Last Name Here, etc. That is stinkin' ridiculous! So, if you are considering having a child in three years and you might move to Baton Rouge - call me and I'll give you the name of this place so you can put your child's name on their waiting list!
And then tonight, I was taking Anna Claire in to the bathroom for her nightly bath only to be greeted by a baby gecko - YUCK! If you know me, you know just how much I loathe these gross little creatures. So, Anna Claire got a sponge bath in the sink, and the gecko disappeared before Brad could rush in and destroy the little sucker....now I'm left hopping around the bathroom in fearful anticipation of it's return.
Enough writing - here are some pictures :)
To play in Mommy's flowers or to destroy her magazine? Such decisions!

Playing in the flowers wins!

A ceiling fan can keep a child fascinated for an entire meal!
Anna Claire will talk for hours to her "friend" and even tries to give her toys to play with!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

3 years!!! Clearly, you should have known 3 years ago that a.) you were going to have a baby that would be 8 months old at this point b.) that you were going to need that particular child care center c.) that you were going to be living in Baton Rouge. Surely that lady was not serious. Good luck with the search!