Sunday, February 3, 2008

Super Bowl Sunday

**Disclaimer: I had this post all finished and when I posted it, the captions are one above the picture they match....it's late, and I'm too tired to change it.**

This has been a busy week! I went back to work on Monday, Friday night we had a huge outreach at church, and today was the Super Bowl with a chili cook-off at our church.

Here we are getting ready to eat! Anna Claire thinks it's pretty fun to sit in the wheelchair with me!
Both Brad and Robyn entered the chili cook off. Anna Claire is modeling Robyn's entry number while waiting to hear the results.
Brad has taught Anna Claire to raise her hands any time a team scores! Touchdown! (She was eating an M&M when this picture was taken. Note the chocolate on her chin)
Yummy dinner- a hot dog and chips!
Daddy's girl!
Anna Claire loves a hug from her friend, Mrs. Dot!
The results of the chili cook off: 2nd place - Robyn; 1st place - Brad!!! Way to go!
Foot update: I am in a walking cast now, but not walking. I am on "partial weight bearing" instructions from the doctor, meaning I can put some weight on my foot, but still need to put most of the weight on the crutches or the walker. I will be like this for at least 3 weeks and then another 4-6 weeks after that in the walking boot. Anna Claire enjoys pushing the walker around the house. Also, here is an x-ray of my foot - 1 plate, 6 screws, and 2 pins! The ridiculously huge screw will come out in about a month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Brad and Robyn!!!
Emily, my favorite picture of them all is the x-ray! How cool is that!!!