Saturday, July 11, 2009

A Few Funnies...

Anna Claire has been on a roll recently....

1. She doesn't think she needs to hold your hand when in a parking lot. Most times, it's a battle because she will walk as close to you as is humanly possible, but just doesn't think it's necessary to hold hands. On Wednesday night, AC and I were in the gym at the church and it was dark. AC was a little scared and held my hand. I praised her for doing that, and she said, "I'm probably not going to do this when we get to the parking lot."

2. Tuesdays and Fridays are "Sprinklers and Popsicles" days at Anna Claire's little school. She loves these days as it means she gets to take her swimsuit and play in the water. When I picked her up yesterday (Friday) and asked about playing in the sprinklers, she informed me, "I not do it next time." "Why?", I asked. "P-cause (her version of because) I not like to change my clothes." "Really? Why?" "P-cause it's just too much."....ha.

3. Just AC and I were in the car recently, and I was on the phone with Brad. I must have called him "Honey" because when I got off the phone, Anna Claire said, "Mommy, who did you call honey?", and I said, "Oh, I was talking to Daddy." She laughed and said, "Mommy, Daddy's not honey. Winnie the Pooh eats honey!"

4. We were out to lunch with some friends at our favorite Mexican restaurant, and I was putting some queso in a bowl for Anna Claire. She wanted more and started whinning that she wanted it big (her way of asking for more). I said, "Use your big words" meaning, 'don't whine'. She quickly responded by yelling, "I WANT IT BIG". I guess to her "big" also meant loud. Nice.

No comments: