Thursday, July 9, 2009

Princess Beauty School

While at Disney World, Anna Claire aquired a new princess beauty set - filled with pretend beauty supplies (nail polish, eye shadow, a mirror, a brush, and a blow dryer). The blow dryer is her favorite because it requires batteries and makes noice. We hear it all the time around our house these days.
Last night, I caught her going into our bedroom, beauty bag in hand. I asked her to stop and show me some of the items.
Oh, and she also got a princess camera that is really just a fancy view-master, but a princess-like voice makes comments like, "Smile!", "How beautiful!", "Oh, you look wonderful!" and so on.
At this point, Anna Claire had shown me how to use all the beauty products, taken a few pictures, and packed up her stuff to continue her adventure to our room (I assume she was going to our bathroom to use the large mirror to "get ready" for church). I asked, "Anna Claire, will you show me how you carry your princess beauty bag?"....This is the look I was given. Clearly, she was finished with pictures and ready to get on with her plan.

1 comment:

Sally Anderson said...

Beware! I predict a career on the stage for this little one. She is SO cute and such a ham. I can't wait to meet her. I love this blog, and now my pregnant daughter is reading along, too.