Tuesday, July 21, 2009

This Post is Brought to You by the Letter "B"

Birthday Party: Last weekend, Anna Claire went to a birthday party for a friend. It was a bicycle themed party, so the kids started off by decorating these little foam sheets and baskets for their bicycles. Cute. Before they lined up for a little "parade" of bikes, the kids enjoyed these super adorable stop light brownies on a stick. And no trip to Jessica and Scott's is complete, according to Anna Claire, without a little ride on the horse swing.
Big Fork and Spoon: On Tuesday, Anna Claire and I took an impromptu trip to Dallas to help my sister who broke her foot and is in a hard cast up to her knee. One day, while Aunt Sissy was napping, I took Anna Claire to Willow Bend mall, a place I miss terribly. I would not have taken her picture, except that she climbed on this big fork and spoon set and said, "Mom, take my picture" and sat just like this while she waited for me to get my camera out and take her picture. Silly girl.
Bow Revenge: Also while in Dallas, I found a small nitch of time to visit with my dear friend, Lindsay, who mentioned on her blog that if given the opportunity to be without kids for a week, the two of us could talk non-stop 24 hours a day. It's true. Lindsay sent us on our way with a ridiculous number of bows that she had made, and when we got back to Baton Rouge, Anna Claire wanted to show them to her daddy. Well, I guess this is what you would call a "bow revenge". Please disregard the not-so-flattering picture of me, and just look at all the clips and bows AC put in my hair.
Bus and Brennan: On Sunday, we had a lunch at church. While the other kids were playing after the lunch, Anna Claire was working hard to get a set of chairs in straight rows. She is her father's child and likes things in neat, straight rows. She called her chair creation a "bus" and convinced her buddy, Brennan, to hop aboard!

1 comment:

Chris and Amanda said...

All the Jones/Mizell nieces and nephews love that Willow Bend play area. I have been there a few times when we are home. Good times!