Monday, February 14, 2011

1995

We have a tv in Anna Claire's "sleep"/guest room. It's an old tv and on a good day, Food Network and HGTV come in clearly. Two channels. If the picture goes fuzzy, Brad has been known to hit the top of it and the picture comes in clearly.
Well, the other night, AC and I were in there and the tv was on. The picture went blue and green and the fuzzy. I hit the side of the tv and the picture cleared up; however, the blue and green color remained.....and  every channel became Food Network. Channel 53 - Food Network, Channel 54- Food Network, Channel 55...well, you get the idea. Being the smart person I am, I decided to hit the side of the tv again. The screen went blank. So, I called Brad from the living room to come fix the tv. He walked in the room and said, "What's burning?" We both went over the tv, and while we didn't see any smoke, the tv smelled "hot". We (that would be Brad) quickly unplugged the tv and disconnected the cable. He carried it straight to the back porch. He came back in and said, "Man, I'm bummed about that tv." Trying to be the encouraging wife, I said, "But, Hon, you've had that tv for a while. You had it before we met. When did you get it?" "My mom and dad gave it to me as a high school graduation gift."
1995 TV, you've had a good life. You'll be missed.

No comments: