Friday, February 18, 2011

Keep It Classy, BSA

Yesterday, this went down.....
Through a series of websites, I landed on the official Boy Scout website. As you know, my dad is Super Boy Scout - as in Baden Powell's prodigy. I went to the "shop" tab of their website to see if I could get some ideas for his 60th (*gasp*) birthday that is coming up later this year. Anyway, I spotted a few "gems" that I e-mailed to my dad.
The first being this one. The description on the website says "A way-cool way to honor the BSA! Vibrant starburst pattern is highlighted by an abstract fleur-de-lis print at center front". Way cool, eh? Clearly the site of my dad wearing this with his Boy Scout shorts and knee socks is the definition of cool.

And then the second item I found was this decal. When I sent this link to my dad, I wrote, "Someday, we will put this on your coffin." You see, the only day my dad will be an 'alumni' to Boy Scouts will be when he dies. Just keepin' it real, people.


Last night, I received the following e-mail from my dad:
"I'm not sure it (the decal) would stick to cardboard, and if you bury me in that tie-dyed shirt, I'll have you believing in ghosts!
Nothing but love,
Dad"

Always the comedian, El Jefe de Campo.

No comments: