Friday, February 11, 2011

The Things She Says....

For the day when I finally get all these blog entries made in book form, here are some conversations I don't want to forget.....

AC: "Mom, one of my friends asked me if I know how God makes babies."
ME: "What did you tell her?"
AC: "I think he puts them in water and lets them soak."

****
AC: "Hey Mom and Dad, when I'm sixteen and I get a car, can you have a birthday party for me where you and my friends hide?"
BRAD: "Do you mean a surprise party?"
AC: "Yeah, you and Mom and all my friends can turn out the lights and I will walk in and you will all say "Surprise."
ME: "Can we plan your 5th birthday first?"

****
At the dinner table
ME: "Anna Claire, what was the best part of your day?"
AC: "This dinner!"
ME: "Thanks, Anna Claire! That makes me happy!"
AC: "This chili is delicious! It goes down smooth and feels good in my tummy!"

I think someone has been watching Food Network too much!

****
Brad was about to leave on a cold day and he had on his hat and scarf.
AC: "Dad, you look really handsome today!"

****
Sometimes AC sticks her tongue out at us or says things she's not supposed to say. We've started putting the smallest dot of Tabasco on her tongue when she does these things.  We were getting out of the car at home one day when she spouted off something to me. I told her to go straight to her room and I would meet her there with hot sauce. She stormed off to her room, crying. I went to the kitchen to get the hot sauce. It was at that time, she stopped crying and hollered, "Mom, when you come, can you bring some chips. It makes the hot sauce not so hot!"
Good thinking, AC!

Right before Christmas, my sister was in town and we were baking in the kitchen. Anna Claire was in the living room playing and the wheels in her brain must have been turning b/c she came in the kitchen and asked, "Mom, when I stick out my tongue, you put hot sauce on it and it burns. If I stick out my booty, are you going to put hot sauce on my booty? Because that would burn my booty!" Needless to say, Elizabeth had to excuse herself from the kitchen!!

****
In the car yesterday, Anna Claire wanted to pretend we were having church. Brad was to sing and Anna Claire was going to say the prayer. Brad obliged, and then Anna Claire started praying. She got loud and then quite and prayed for everything, including Justin Bieber! Brad was pretty confident he had never prayed for Justin Bieber at church! Ha!

Anna Claire is too old for the church nursery, so this means 'big church' for her on Sunday mornings. This past Sunday, we were sitting (on the back row....now that's she's with me, we've moved back b/c sitting on the front row provided too much entertainment for her - she could turn around and make faces/wave at everyone) there and Brad said, "Amen!" or something along those lines during one of the songs. Anna Claire said, "Dad, shhhhhh!" Fortunately, she didn't say it loud enough for him to hear up on the front row, but the people around us heard and had a good laugh!"

A while back, Anna Claire was up at the office with us while we were working. Both of our offices open to the Sanctuary. She likes to go between both offices, but on this particular day, she made her way up to the platform to play church. She sang, prayed, and then said, "Ok people, how did you come to church today? Expecting? Good. Good." This is a question Brad asks the congregation every week and they answer "Expecting". Apparently she IS listening on Sunday mornings!

****
After Christmas, I upgraded to the iPhone 4, so we disabled the calling/texting/internet features from my iPhone 3 and gave it to Anna Claire. Basically, she has an iTouch with all her games on there. We were pulling into the parking lot of the AT&T store to get all this done, and AC understood what was going to happen. She said, "So, does this mean when I'm 5, I can use Facebook?" Ummmmm.....NO. When we told the AT&T man what we were doing, he said, "I need to take my picture with her- she's my youngest client for the iPhone."

No comments: