Monday, August 11, 2008

Did It Have Hair?

I'm sure this won't be the only post I devote to the funny conversations heard around our house these days now that Kerstin is here with us. I must say she does very well when it comes to speaking English, and we've been impressed with all she has been able to comprehend. All this to say....we have some rather funny conversations when trying to get on the "same page". Case in point.....Tonight, she was walking back to her room, but when she got to her door, she stopped, turned around and quickly came back in the living room. Here's the conversation between Brad (B) and Kerstin (K):
K: I just saw an animal!
B: An animal? What did it look like?
K: It was about this big (picture her using her hands to show about 3 inches long).
Now, they go to inspect the scene.
K: I think it went into the wall. It had 4 legs.
B: Was it furry?
K: (confused look on her face) What is that?
B: Did it have hair?
K: (looking a bit confused) No.
B: Was it a lizard?
K: I don't know what that is.
B: A geko?
K: Oh yes! That was it.
B: Good. I'm just glad it wasn't a mouse.
K: A mouse? I know that animal. If it was a mouse, I would have said that.

No comments: