Sunday, August 3, 2008

Super Trooper

On Friday morning, we drove to Dallas for a friend's wedding. We figured out that we were in the car for 14 hours (7 hours each way) and only in Dallas exactly 24 hours. We were able to spend some time with my mom and sister and see some dear friends (who, I might add, had a Wii and I have a feeling we will own one by the end of 2008 - Brad is a huge fan). We also managed a quick visit to Willow Bend and Sprinkles!
Kerstin is settling in well with our family. She is super sweet and willing to try all kinds of foods. So far, she has tried Mexican, Texas BBQ, Pei Wei, Cane's, and Cracker Barrel. We were talking with her about the weather b/c obviously, the summer climate here is slightly different from Germany. She said that one time the temperature reached 31 degrees Celsius and that was hot! Our car shows the temperature in both Celsius and Fahrenheit, and at one point the temperature was 41 degrees Celsius, a heat Kerstin has never experienced.
This week will be a busy one as Kerstin starts school on Thursday, and Anna Claire will wrap up her summer schedule and start going full time to her school.
I only have a couple of pictures to post, and if my mom will figure out how to e-mail me pictures that she took this weekend, I will have more to post! :) I love you, Mom.


No comments: