Thursday, March 10, 2011

Calcium

Sunday morning in the car, the following conversation went down....
AC: Mom, when we go to a restaurant and the waitress asks us if we want dessert, why do you always say, 'No, thank you'?
Me: Because that is the polite way to tell her that we don't want dessert.
AC: But I do!

Fast forward to lunch later day. Mind you, we had a guest speaker with us from church. The waiter comes to our table at the end of lunch with a HUGE dessert tray and says, "Can I interest you all in some dessert?" Immediately, AC said, "Well, sure!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When we picked up Anna Claire from school this afternoon, she informed us that she had invited all the girls from her class to a dinner party at Ralph and Kacoos for tomorrow night. Hello, preschool party planner! Brad said, "Who is going to pay for your dinner party?" Without missing a beat, she answered, "Ummm, you!" Riiiiiight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today, Anna Claire's school celebrated Dr. Seuss' b-day and green eggs and ham were served at lunch.
AC: My lunch was delicious today, but I didn't drink my milk.
Me: Why not?
AC: Mom, do you know what is in milk? Calcium. And I don't like calcium.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And then there's this one....
Me: Anna Claire, please stop what you're doing and listen to me.
AC: Really, Mom? Are you in charge of this house?
Me: Yes, together with your dad, we're in charge of this house.
AC: No, Mom, Papa Bear is in charge of this family!

So, I text my dad to let him know this and his response: "Finally, someone gets it!" to which I replied, "Do I need to remind you she's FOUR?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~
A couple of pictures....
AC as a bride-to-be. When I sent this picture to my mom, she replied, "Yes, her daddy will have her wearing a t-shirt under wedding dress!"
(I have tried 3 times and this picture continues to load sideways.....annoying.)

On Tuesday, we went to Yogurtland (yay! it's finally open here!) and all I said was, "Anna Claire, smile!"...and this is what she did. Clearly she knows how to get a rise out of me!!


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.