Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Date to Remember

Brad and I met on a blind date at Chili's on February 24, 2004. We were set up by our dear friends Lindsay and Matthew, to whom we are forever indebted.
Every year, we celebrate this milestone - usually with dinner and conversations about that first date/first impressions/etc. We're cheesy like that, but it's all good.
Anyway - this year, we decided to celebrate and bring Anna Claire along.
We went to dinner at Texas de Brazil. This was her first time at a 'fancy' restaurant, and she did great! I wasn't worried about whether or not she would like the food b/c the girl will try anything, but I wasn't so sure how she would behave. We talked about and practiced the right and wrong ways to behave, and I have to brag here....she did awesome! She was fascinated by the huge salad bar and watching all the men bring out the various kinds of meat.
After dinner, we had a little time before the movie, so we perused Z Gallerie - love that place! And so does Anna Claire!!



We ended the night seeing Gnomeo and Juliet - cute little movie! I can tell Anna Claire is getting older and her attention span is expanding b/c she actually paid attention in this movie and understood the story. This is such a fun age!

On Saturday, we went out to LSU for the men's b-ball game. It was 'fan appreciation day', so tickets were $5 - love it! Before the game, there was live music, bounce houses for the kids, etc


At half time, the Cotton Bowl trophy was presented to Les Miles and the football team....hello, slap in the face! ha! They also gave everyone bingo cards to play during the game - the squares were LSU three point basket (1st half), opponent foul, Mike the tiger on the court, the band plays, LSU rebound (2nd half), and so on! Very creatve! Super Brad kept up with all three cards, and we won over the door basketball hoops - fun!
They also handed out these foldable posters/noise makers. At one point in the game, I looked at Anna Claire and this is what I saw. Silly girl.






2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I remember distinctly telling you that Brad went to SNU so it wasn't like he was a serial killer or anything. And, I remember you telling me he told you that he thought you were beautiful, ON YOUR FIRST DATE! No FAIR! The set-up is still my proudest accomplishment.

Brad and Emily said...

You are too funny! Yes, I remember all of that! I also remember going to your house on Wednesday night (after our date on Tuesday) and watching The Bachelor with y'all. I remember MM sitting there with us and pausing the show b/c he wanted to hear about our date. Great memories!