Tuesday, February 24, 2009

5 Years Ago Today....

....It was a rainy Tuesday, and Brad and I met at Chili's for our first date! I can tell you what we were both wearing, what we both ate, and what all we talked about, but I won't bore you with the details. I remember getting to school early the next morning and there was an e-mail waiting for me from Brad. It was one of the sweetest e-mails I had ever receieved. I went across the hall to tell my fellow teacher friend, Tag, about the date and the e-mail. His response, "You're gonna marry this guy!" I just laughed, but soon discovered he was speakin' the truth! :)
Brad, I look forward to celebrating this day with you for many more years to come! You were the best last first date! I love you!
Lindsay and Matthew - It's because of you two little matchmakers that Brad and I celebrate this day! Thank you!

4 comments:

Chris and Amanda said...

As one of your closest friends for the last 10+ years I can't tell you how happy I am that God brought Brad into your life and I am so excited about all the things God has in store for you both as you serve Him wherever He leads. You have become a quite a wife, mother, and church worker :)and I know great things are in store for you.

Chris

Lindsay said...

I can't believe that was 5 years ago! At least he wasn't a serial killer! ;)

I have to say, you two as a pairing is one of the things I am most proud of. Seriously! Congratulations...

Lindsay

jessica said...

Happy anniversary!!! So happy we were able to share the night together. Forever grateful for the blessing of our friendship and our husbands' friendship. May God bless your marriage. Love you, jessica

Pastor Kim said...

Had to laugh out loud when I read this. So the morning after you date, Brad and I sat in his office going through all the details of the date trying to figure out how you thought the date went and decoding emails, etc. This just makes me realize how much I miss you guys. Thanks for letting me be a part of your lives then and now. You know my family loves you guys!!!